Sunday 11 October 2015

Will Rogers .... said

......... " nowadays , most people who write books , write about sex... and as soon as I know something about sex , then I'm going write about it "

My area of expertise is fishing , which is sad b/c I don't do all that well.
I think that I talk a good game but results seem spotty.

My advice to you : fish slow and fish deep
There will be times when the exact opposite is true , in the main though you won't go wrong
Equipment : for the most part , line selection is crucial
The line test ( pounds ) will determine many aspects of your experience
In general , the heavier the line , the shorter the cast and flexibility is poorer
Lighter line - ah , yes , requires a better rod. Lots more fun w/ lighter line but you need a forgiving rod and open water.

You can spend a small fortune on fishing equipment. Buy good quality line and splurge a bit on the rod. the reel is likely a place to store your line. However , other than lousy line , more fishing disasters start w/ a reel that is inferior.

Are you confused ?  Well , this was the brief version and relatively cheap version

Summarize good quality line , keep it 6 lb test and under , don't go cheap on the rod and the reel needs to have a smooth drag. Thankfully , most reels to - day have good drags


No comments:

Post a Comment