Thursday 29 September 2016

I'm ' Walking on Solid Ground '

........... I think , is a lyric line form a song

I walked behind the Falls as in Niagara Falls. You pay them and they let you go down approx 90 ft and travel 700 ft beneath the actual Falls.
The roar is immense and you can feel the weight of everything above you AND you do get wet.
They hand you a yellow plastic garbage w/ holes cut out for arms and head but it is a garbage bag in essence

My first time behind the Falls. In the past , I drove the people to the entrance of the site and went away. 
BTW , I guess that I'm slightly claustrophobic - boy , did I know that I was under the Falls

We made the best of a fairly , yick , kinda day. Rain was off and on. The roads were slick but we fought the traffic both ways and won.

We stopped for dinner at a pub and the Guinness Braised Lamb Shank was outstanding w/ really great gravy. I fought to not order French fries......... and was victorious , had mash instead

All in all , we made the best of a decidedly , uncooperative day.



No comments:

Post a Comment