Saturday 10 September 2016

In My Life.......

............  things , well , happen

I'm sitting in the living room , typing on my baby laptop , named Travel by the Windows 10 OS. I'm using a a lap table as well.
So , in my life
last night , the big laptop had trouble connecting to the internet. I tried ' shut down ' and ' re - start ' to no avail. Fiddling , I found        ' internet connectivity ' and saw that the big laptop had been connected for 13 days and some hours - that means running time.
I hit the disable button and intended to re -connect
Bad move .............
the computer went off line 
I tried ' shut down ' etc ...unplugged the ethernet cable. After 10 minutes , I picked up the phone to call customer support at the provider. While listening to the music on hold - yepper , the phone cut out. The phone is VoIP. I try the cell phone and I'm on hold for close to 20 minutes.
With nothing to do , I went to control panel and started searching for some connect button.
I don't know where it came from but a line of buttons popped up showing 6 or 7 possible connections - one of them was ' local area network ' - mine !
I've got the internet back and yes , the phone went live after a 5 minute delay.
And to - day , I start to search for that line of internet connection buttons that showed last night. Right ... good luck 

My life in  a nutshell

The weather cooled off but we got overcast instead. Rain will come later and to - day is the wedding of a friend. The week will start cooler  and then the temperature rises to seasonal and maybe a touch warmer.



No comments:

Post a Comment