Thursday 21 September 2017

When Mosquitoes Bite

I itch

And itch. I got bitten fishing Tuesday , coming home at dark.
I treated the bites w/ a hot spoon ( to neutralize the irritant )

However , for the last two nights ( and day , sometimes ) the bite sites are on fire.
A general allergic reaction which is typical of me. I'm attempting to use Solarcaine aloe gel , said to be good for sunburn and skin irritation. Although , I applied betaderm cream , last night. My thinking is that I should avoid over use of steroidal products. 

weather continues as warm to hot ans some humidity. Showers are brief and mostly at night.

In an attempt to feel useful , I replaced 2 deckboards. The deck overall is 18 yrs old and has lasted but like things made of wood , the deck is subject to rot.
This attempt is the 2 nd set of boards that I'm replacing. I re - did another two boards last yr or so.
However , I'm cheap. You knew !
I measured the victims and ascertained that if lucky , I might re - use part of one of the boards. It worked.
I , also , pounded the boards from the bottom to make it easier to free them up.
Thus , I was at Home Hrdwre buying , one 8 ft deck board.

The project cost $ 7. 50 while using saved wood stain from the basement and tools that I hoard like gold.

I was a good pupil and father taught me to take care of tools and to value them.
When he gave up the house - bingo , bongo , I had double of every tool b/c I made sure that I was as ready as Dad.

And I am itchy like crazy



No comments:

Post a Comment