Thursday 7 November 2019

a Light Dusting

is all that I can see

Yes, no accumulation of snow
However, that didn't stop accidents or probably enhanced them
Delays were up to 100 % of time

The subway got shut down when they cut power
causing a massive displacement of the East - West transit

We are good
Streets look bare
Thermometer says 32 F give or take rising to 39

" I get all the news < that > I need from the weather report "
says Paul S.

Lessons we learn or should learn

To wit, I changed the battery in the FOB or remote control for the Honda. All went well, for about 45 sec.
As I pried the case apart the FOB was in 2 pieces
Good.
I slipped my finger under the coin battery and 
..............
the lower half of the case popped open
Ya, oops !
Well, it all went beck together
The front buttons looked OK except for the ' Alarm '
bar at the bottom.
The car ran etc
But today the FOB wouldn't open the car door.
I could use the touch control on the door
but NO remote opening or closing it appeared

Alright. First off. I'm thinking ' what dummy has the lower case fall apart ' in their hands
ME

You see, I also changed the spare FOB
and No I didn't pop the lower case and the spare FOB went back together properly. The spare remote controlled everything it was supposed to

Thus, its take the FOB apart - carefully.
Open the FOB and gently lift the lower case
Ooops ! a part falls out
Oh yeah,  a loose piece of plastic in there
Patiently, I re-work the problem - trying different ways to put the FOB lower case together.

Not a chance

Went to YouTube but what to search for
" Idiot has FOB fall apart "
" I broke the FOB **** and **** "

Instead, I calmly typed ' Honda FOB fell ...... '
And suggestions appeared
" Honda FOB falls apart "
" Honda FOB in pieces "

You see - Its not just me
How many hits on the " Honda FOB falls apart "
22,000 people watched this video

The guy explained that if you don't hold the lower case tightly, the lower case falls into 2 pieces.

He showed how to align the lower case

I took about 45 sec to put the lower case back together

OK
 Lessons learned

1. I'm not stupid or am just as stupid as 22,000 other people

2. YouTube is like the scriptures. The truth is in there

3. ' the moving finger writes and having writ moves on '

Yes. the FOB is back to normal


No comments:

Post a Comment