Saturday 7 March 2020

mArCh 7 20

alright, I tried for different

Big sun right now. 21 F and feels like 14 w/ wind out of the NE - a lilting, f***ing frigid little breeze. The high will hit mid 40 s. Sunrise 6:43 A and sundown 6:13P. Pressure is rising

A report. I continue to learn how to use and evaluate the new HRM, called Tickr. A change in the routine has me using a rowing machine on non - free weight days.
Recall the base workout is ellipticking w/ step off to do free weights.
Now, on those off days < so to speak > I'm rowing for 40 minutes. The rowing machine is called a Concept 2. Its got the big bicycle wheel out front. The Concept 2 is still used in gyms but for safety it boasts a cage around the spoked bicycle wheel. Concept is an ergonometer - meaning its a calorie burner.
My Concept 2 was purchased in 1985. Over the years, things have broken or been discarded. There once was a odometer and stroke counter < since defunct and stripped >. At one time, I attached a bicycle odometer just to see numbers move as I rowed. Now, this pst few days, I row and watch the face of my cellphone to keep track of time and HR on Tickr.
Its really neat seeing the data pop up instantly. After, I get a summary and as mentioned a graph detailing time vs HR. Way too much, but I love it
In comparison, calories burn are almost the same on ' on ' days and ' off ' days.

No comments:

Post a Comment