Monday 4 January 2021

' the Drawing of the Dark '

by Tim Powers. ' much has been lost, much more will be lost ' paraphrased

Segue ? 6:20 AM and very dark ou there

Swinging over to CBC to cacth a glimpse of weather etc


I purchased a CD , maybe 2 years ago. The music of Ennio Morricone as played by Yoyo Ma. Haunting melodies from movies such as the ' Mission ' - Gabriel's Oboe or Nella Fantasie

'Cinema Paradiso ' - Se or Pictures in a Dream or Profumo diLimone < different titles for the same song

And two real winners that I barely knew about

' Malena ' - the love theme

' Once Upon a Time in America ' - Deborah s Theme

I've purchased since the DVD ' Cinema Paradiso ' or ' Cinema Nuevo Paradiso ' b/c I had to hear the music accompanied by the images.

For Christmas, I got ' Once Upon a Time in America '. The whole thing was a mashup of past and present. I admit that I pretty much got lost. But. But. ' Deborah s Theme ' fit. So glad that I had a chance ot see this.

Before I go on. One more surprise from the CD. ' Morricone at the Movies '. " the Lady Caliph " - Dinner. .........Ooh ! sublime music

On reading Wikipedia, I discovered that the original movie was 4 h +. For reasons of sanity, it was edited down to 2 h 40 m. And I watched the N. America version at 1 h 40 someting. In essence, a summary of the original.

And actually, Sergio Leone wanted a ' Once Upon a Time in America ' in two volumes at 3 h and a bit each. Meaning the ' Lord of the Rings ' kind of movie. BTW, maybe all the blood and shooting could have  been diluted down in 6 h.







post #2900

No comments:

Post a Comment