Saturday 9 January 2021

' Shyin' away

 its much better to be safe than sorry ' lyric from " Take on Me "

The time is 8:36 M and I'm deciding on whether to move from bed. Thats 2 mornings in a row but who is counting

My cousin informs me that this is a mild winter. We haven't been home in January in over 15 years. Some typical snowbird types lost track of heavy coats and shovels < went out to buy these essentials > 

Actually, BA over at Accuweather prognosticated a warmer than usual early Jan. I need to go check on whats in store for late Jan 

Below is the map portion o Brett Anderson s post for Ja 2021 at Accuweather. My cousin continues to be correct.

A survey of 3 000 Canadians recorded that LG electronics are breakage prone and not repairable < the most >. Overall, 65 % reported a device as broken or not able to be repaired. 

Experts warned that tablets are a waste of money. Repair shops warned that spare parts are impossible to get in most cases. Further, tablets are typically glued together and opening could cause more damage. Fixit type repair people also caution that often opeing the case can cause an electrical short.

Wow !

My take is that people claimed that 4 year old devices should be repairable. I had phones that I was waiting for them to quit or implode, no such luck. The last 3 phones that I replaced were to upgrade,

As at now our $ 400 Moto G8 s are darlings. Ease of use and adaptability are key features. Also note, that this Dell Chroembook goes out of update status in 6 yrs or 2023 for me.In 2023, I'll need to switch the Dell to Linux < basic format > to continue use.

HP was knocked for undependability. The big HP laptop is over ten years old and still groaning on. Old and slow but so are we. And the HP isn't taking Advil to keep going < Advil gets expensive - ha ha, age humour >

Big sun kind of day. Brisk to cold - and yes, hovering around 32

No real widespread, extreme cold will be found across North America for the next three weeks as the core of that will likely hang out over eastern Russia and parts of northern Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment