Sunday 11 December 2022

๐Ÿ™… The Snows of December, cometh

 ๐Ÿ™… [ this emoji is the ' no good gesture ' ]

Not the first nor last, snowfall. A reminder of the season. This event is a 2 day or overnight progress. 

On the ' control ' program, for last 8 weeks. The scale read 175.4 # ( c.f. 182.4 at the beginning ).
Comments. I have a beer a day. The thinking behind this choice is that I need to enjoy my life and if this beer is important then don't stop. You better be thinking long term. The plan would be to change nothing as the year ( s ) tick on.
Just a number. But the health benefits should be multiple.

" Here we go again " b/c I've been here before

Ah, ' but the struggle is the Glory ' Nigel Starling in the ' Ghost and the Darkness ' [ Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas ]. 

Went out for my Giant Tiger Sunday run. I'll admit that things got a little out of hand. To wit, Dr Oetker pizza was $ 2.98 [ come on, thats what it costs per slice at the pizza store ], thus I bought 2.
Onions were $.88 a bag [ small - er onions than the $ 3.98 for 3 # bag ones ].
Et al. for a total of 71 dollars which sounds large but nowadays - well, the expected.
As well , tossed some Xmas stuff into the buggy, really in Canada how wrong could yo go buying scarves and socks. 

The roads were slick and I went slow and left space but others were flying. Our Xmas get together w/ A.. and friends went South. The oldest daughter is having tummy trouble.

Scanned CBC online. Here is a brief summary

 Thriftmas  { I left out the bad stuff and useless C.R.A. P. ]

This dump is wet and heavy. So far a relatively thin layer. However, I took my snow shovelling board [ homemade plywood blade that fits the walkway on the side of the house, wider than a regular shovel, more a push board, not meant for lifitng ] and took off that first layer. Otherwise, an overnight drop in tmeperature makes a more solid crusty mess.



No comments:

Post a Comment