Monday 17 April 2023

🖳 Frustration spelt " computer "

 🖳 Ugh !!!!

the story
for 2 weeks, I've been trying to activate Nord VPN on the new re - vitalized Dell Studio
going back. The 17 in laptop was bought in 2010 and was a reliable    [ mostly ] performer
the odd hiccup. I'd updated Windows at least twice. Washed the system to sparsify the crap that gets loaded onto the device over time
THEN 2 weeks ago. a big change. When I introduced a new [ and sole browser and system ] OS - Chrome OS Flex.
WELL. I've been trying to load Nord all that time. I followed instructions [ I thought }
then last night, I mumbled ' has to be possible.' I read the Nord instruction list and said ' what notififcation box '  [ ???? ]
yes. there has never been a notification that I went to Nord.
finally, I realized that all the instructions were discussing an ' icon ' on the actual Chrome homescreen
" duh ". yepper there it was a ' jigsaw ' symbol for EXTENSIONS

and it was there in all its glory ' Nord Ca ' register ........ check
quick connect ...... check [ and Bob s your uncle !!!

SAD with a capital ' S '

' alls well that ends well ' ????? El Crapolla, I say

Its not my fault.

In my defence, there have been warnings that Crome OS Flex is not identical to Chrome OS and there may be some inconveniet omissions. Apps may not be accepted
BUT this was an extension " don't you know the difference " ??????

Rained last night, air really cooled down
furnace on
sun, now and more rain in some hours away
overcast now

Rain at 5 P

Follow up: now I sign on to Nord by using Extension notification for all devices - a very slow learner


No comments:

Post a Comment