Friday 14 April 2023

' the labours of Hercules ....

 ... did not include washing and black topping my driveway !!!
why ? he'd be as sore as me

we were warm yesterday. the thermometer read 78 F in the living room w/ windows wide open
today will boast higher humidity but lower temperatures

I've got a list of jobs - THAT will not get done !!!
Today is rest and re - stock my psyche

Reflect

in order to carry a snowblower and a new BBQ still boxed - I left my truck cover at A .. s mother s place.
the bed is still full
so even on an easy day - I helped lift the stuff onto the truck

REFLECT


a cousin s daughter sent this and added  'guess where ? '

Answer: Bath, Somerset [ Bath Cathedral and the mall ]

she commented ' now I know why you talk about this place '

See. We were not wrong. Terrific destination, laid back [ minimally touristy ] chock a block w/ history. 

A purchase yesterday was pork back ribs. $ 22 for two slabs. I portioned the ribs and marinated last night.
Today at noon, I began a fire and added charcoal on top.

When the charcoal turned white, I topped the charcoal w/ soaked hickory wood chips. The ribs sat upright and got smoked for 2 hrs. Actually, this interval is fairly short for smoking meat.
However, b/c I was dealing w/ pork, I wanted to finish the ribs wrapped in foil on the gas BBQ.
As it turns out the gas grill was too hot. Thus, I elevated the rib packages to reduce the striaght heat.

Results. Juicy and smokey but short on salt
Success w/ a small ' s '

This blog began in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment