Saturday 22 April 2023

🛠 when you Volunteer

 🛠 at Repair Cafe T.O.

the ' fixers ' were all capable and pleasant

I was the least useful

I put backcovers on watches and replaced batteries

generally, tried to help

and they gave me a T - Shirt [ Repair Cafe ]- great T - Shirt

I'm going to have to go back to pay off the t shirt

I failed on coffee makers [ plastic and sealed electronics, the manufacturer really doesn't want you in there ]

a soggy day, cool and the wind was cruel

Alright. You are supposed to stay w/ what you are good at. I organize stuff [ tools, fishing equipment - like a pro ].
repair stuff, not so

On this blog. I read the title two days ago.  " Two Sentence blogging - evoles to sentences " not bad AND seven years ago actually described just what had occurred from when ' 2sentsworth.blogspot.com ' began.

Thus, ' sending to the ether ' seemed to encompass my feelings re: the bog and what has happened or not happened.

Guess what ? " sending to the ether  '" is the name of the blog. See. Careful what you wish for.

I'm in love w/ Kerri Russell.  The Netflix show is called  ' the Diplomat '. The husband is played by Rufus Sewell. If this series is not written by Aaron Sorkin then its his son writing.
The story. American Intelligence officer is tapped for a posting as Ambassador to Britain. Hubby [ ex - Ambassador ] tags along. 
Except hubby is just as connected in the intelligence community as she is.

Fast forward.   Turns out that hubby knows Wifey is being groomed for ' replacement VP ' when the current VP has to resign.
This series is the ' West Wing ' years later and in a different country but wrapped in U.S. politics. wrapped in world ' diplomacy ' or lack thereof.


No comments:

Post a Comment