Friday 22 August 2014

Apple blossom Time

... I used to have a Billy Vaughn album collection , and one of my favs was ' I'll be With You in Apple blossom Time '.
The Canadian Automobile Assn mag had a trivia piece on apples
As in 4 apples make a glass of cider
50 000 acres are under cultivation 

There are 50 apple varieties

Delicious , Cortland , Rome , Fuji , Mutsu , Granny S , Royal Gala
Snow , Mac Intosh , 

thats my list ( they didn't list them )

Apple sauce ( almost ). I enjoy apple crisp. However , as bought in the store ' apple crisp ' seems to be a whole lot of dough and not much apples. Apple sauce as bought in the store seems to be the equivalent of ' apple mush '. Occasionally , I find an apple sauce brand that is very good. Especially , in the States , at Cracker Barrel and in grocery stores.
In retaliation , I make my own apple ' sauce '.

Recipe , wash and slice the apple ( skin on )
Saute in a pan w/ butter
Add cinnamon and raisins.

This apple sauce is used as dessert / snack w/ yoghurt , almonds , Fibre 1 cereal. Alternately , I have apple sauce on toast w/ a layer of jam underneath the apples.
yes , the apples are stringy ( skin ) and sometimes closer to apple slices but 1) I know whats in the stuff     2 ) the cook is the consumer - he knows who to blame

On the Dr Oz front. M saw an add for a skin cream called ' Skinfix '
for itch and skin problems. Yes, I seem to have ongoing dermatitis.
Even , now , bumps are popping up. The bumps don't amount to much and are not really itchy but the bumps are there.
Lo and behold on the label   ' as recommended by Dr Oz '
Can't get away from that guy.

Weather in the sGWN : starting to feel muggy w/ cloudy periods and the sun is bright when available. Week end shaping up , just so - so.
Rain to come , maybe , on Sunday. Temps appear to be in the mid to hi 70 s.

We are off to a 93 rd BD do for a fishing friend. The politics of the family are not good. One estranged daughter , an elder son that is viewed as grafting and the middle child as the anchor of the whole schmozola. Watch you P s and Q s , here.


No comments:

Post a Comment