Friday 15 August 2014

Military Police

No , I got that wrong , the TorStar article is on the ' Militarization of the Police '.
This story is prompted by others like it originating in the U.S. especially evolving out of the crowd control problem in Ferguson , Mo ( ? )
On the surface the premise is laughable b/c the police are definitely military in style and demeanour to start. The police need that ' I'm in control ' mindset and work at it.
If the TorStar means better armed etc. well aren't the criminals better armed ?
Maybe , I should read the whole article , no , I'll get angry at the writer or article.

On the contact dermatitis front. I'm still having little bumps pop out. These latest blossomings don't amount to much but are a minor irritation both physically and mentally. Physically b/c they do make my skin sensitive and sometimes itchy. In fact , lately , say the last 4 or 5 days I can wear my terrycloth robe again.
Mentally , of course , b/c I keep thinking its over.

So , a 2sentsworth primer on contact dermatitis , based on personal experience and my investigations.
Many products or items can cause the dermatitis , chemicals etc.
For plant dermatitis , if your sensitive to plants wear long sleeves and pants. Wash any area that you think contacted the plant. In my case , the last bout could have been prevented b/c I felt the tingle or itchyness on contact.
Treat the localized area w/ a steroid skin cream and if possible and safe use an oral anti - histamine.
A doctor will be needed if the original area of irritation extends past the contact site. In my case the migration was into whole new areas and parts of the body.
typically , you get a stronger steroid cream and my doc prescribed Prednisone ( didn't like it much , myself )
Drink beer. It doesn't help the dermatitis but its better than nothing at taking your mind off the problem.
And be ready, 3 - 4 weeks is a good estimate of how long the irritation lasts.

Ebola is not under control in W. Africa. Estimates put the deaths at a 1 000 and number of patients infected is easily another 1 000.
W/ a mortality of 60 - 70 % the future is looking fairly bleak on that score.

We will see said the Zen Master


No comments:

Post a Comment