Sunday 10 August 2014

Op Osm : 1 Month Review

Down 11.6 # , this is the end of the 4 th week. The goal was 10 #.

What did you learn :  Well , eating is automatic and eating lots is way more automatic
Poor choices seem everywhere ,  when you're trying to be careful and SMART 
What did you do that was important :
On a audiobook , I heard  a woman returning from a trip abroad , to Venice marvel at how the rest of the world eats. She was discussing England , in particular , and eating daily in restaurants. She walks down the street to the vendor and comes home with onion , tomato , garlic and fresh pasta. She quickly sautes the veg and cooks the pasta and throws the onion and tomato over the pasta.
On a cooking show , the host tossed spinach into the onion , garlic and tomato.
I've done this 4 to 5 times in the month. Sometimes over pasta and many times as a vegetable dish to replace a salad. I've started to use vermicelli as a carbohydrate base ( much lighter than pasta ) , even in salads( kinda like macaroni salad )
Fewer slices of bread of course , and to my credit , no french fries
... even when the waitress offered to make the side dish 1/ 2 fries and 1 / 2 salad (very nice of her  )but I said ' salad ' 
Lots of water during the day. I've tried to snack on pecans and once I tried dill pickles as a snack ( not my fav ) b/c Dr. Oz suggested substituting pickles for potato chips.
I've allowed myself , 90 cal ice cream bars , for a dessert. However , I've thawed blueberries almost every day so , blueberries and yogurt could be an emergency snack.

Now what happens. The experiment continues .. I mean lessons learned ... mistakes made... but results achieved. Thus Op Osm - the follow up will go on.

Weather : sunny , warm , going to almost hot ( 80????). And a dramatic drop in temperatures is expected in 2 days.

Shutters are a big success , so far. Attractive and useful.  We shall see said the Zen Master

In the world. There is shooting everywhere. Yeah , great report , hey , it is not my fault ... I'm not shooting.

Ebola has been imported to Atlanta and a suspected case turned up , west of Toronto in a visitor returning from Nigeria.
Nigeria has closed it's borders to neighbouring W. African countries in an effort to prevent Ebola cases entering Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment