Sunday 24 August 2014

Its Dreary , Out There

" There ain't no sunshine ,when she's gone " ???? , not me

Actually , I thought the weather dude said sun, and getting warmer
No Way Jose  !
It is warmish , so that part is right

Op Osm - Yes , Weigh in day is Sunday. No joy !
My weight is up almost a pound from last week. The total loss is 11.2 # , so I'm hovering.
Well , we said long term and I can tell , as previously commented , that I notice a difference in how I look at food ( type ) and eating ( the amount ) , both are drastically differently.
The up - side is yesterday , I wore shorts that have been out of bounds for over a year b/c the fit was way too tight for any level of comfort.
WE BATTLE on , troops

On the disease front. Dermatitis and me. Little bumps are still appearing. The itch is almost gone in all places.
Little things that I noticed. I mentioned that I could wear the terry cloth robe. As well, I normally use a back cloth ball or washer and I had given that up 4 weeks ago due to irritation. The last 3 - 4 days , I'm re - starting the back scrubbing routine, w/ no irritation.
Its embarrassing to say what the problem was and the effect - really , not life threatening but annoying 
I suppose dermatitis is not life ending --- yet.

The BD party report. Pleasant and welcoming. We did not fit in very well. We established a little group but we were not family and not especially close to anyone. We stayed an 1 1 / 2 - 2 hr and left when we saw an opening. I noticed someone else sliding out and we skiddaddled right behind.

I used to fish for steelhead ( lake run rainbow trout ) in the river - wading the shore of the Nottawasaga R. One of the regulars who still fishes up there ,wading ,  - poo - poo - ed my new fishing from a boat style. ' thats not fishing ! '.
Oh well , he's free to freeze and struggle in the Notty. No regrets here.

The world is not doing much better. On the ' overnight show ' called " Around Day 6 " on the CBC , a segment was on - how does the world news , mostly war etc affect a person who hears this news.
Not surprisingly , you can get depressed , listening to the news.
One interesting side light was that the Professor who was interviewed from the Univ of Texas , said that many people in their 20 - 30 s , report tuning out the news but they volunteer in the community. Sort of - ignore the world and let it unfold , locally , you help out. This tactic seemed , a reasonable response to untenable reportage and the volume of the reporting - mostly , all carnage.
I found that interview , a little uplifting.

I fell asleep w/ the ear buds in again , TG , its not work the next day.

Have a joyous day , you deserve it


No comments:

Post a Comment