Sunday 31 August 2014

Me , Me , Me ............

me , me

Its all about me.
Op Osm - get fit 101. Well , the fit part is doing good. the lose weight part suffered a set back. Yes , my weight is back to ,  ' I lost 10 # '. Up a pound and something from last week.
Lets have a report. I felt healthy and comfortable this week. Previous weeks , had me feeling drained and tired - just off , slightly.
This week , I had beer 4 times and tried dessert , 3 X ( apple rhubarb crisp which was very sweet ). As well , Saturday , we ate at the ' all you can eat ' Japanese buffet - the welcome lunch for the cousin.
I'm hoping to continue  , of course , recording this weight as a plateau , not a disaster. 

What did you do to - day. To begin , I uninstalled the anti - virus program called AVG free. The program is a good product. The free part ?. Normally to get the ' free ' , you struggle through this maze of windows and options. The upshot is along the way , you may give in / press the wrong button , and upgrade ( read : opt to pay for the service ). Assuming that you survive the maze , then you might find that a toolbar has been added to your screen and a program that creates ' pop ups ' . Annoying ' pop ups ' happen.
I then , downloaded a McAfee security package called ' good ' . Good , gets you basic anti - virus and browsing safety. McAfee does come free w/ the internet service.

Next. Our entertainment bundle from Bell of TV , internet and phone creeped over vaulted over the $200 mark to 206.
I chatted via internet w/ Cora , who explained why I should feel good about getting gouged. I called John at Bell who said that we could lower the service level and save  -- duh ,dude. He tried to connect me to Customer Loyalty or beg - a - rama. That call failed.
BTW - we are now at the 1hr mark of contact time. I call back and get Cathy at Customer Loyalty who had ' power '.
She worked out a deal - we volunteer to use Bell for Long Distance
instead of Yak ( discount long distance ) which includes free N American long distance , but overseas costs extra. If we agree to this switch , she could give us loyalty discounts.
In the end , all in , our next bill will be 182.80. yeah , 2 hrs and some but success.
OK - its not earth shattering but at least we got something.

World News : Nuts. Syria , how many displaced people , how poor they are and in big trouble.
The U.S. , who got shot by police and how does it break down racially. This is ugly. You guess how it comes out.

In Gaza , a report from an on the ground aid group pegs the damage to Gaza at a 20 year window to repair homes.As well, some 17 000 housing units are needed b/c of the past 3 months and before.

Thats my world report. Shoot me if I didn't give details - no , don't shoot , this is Canada.

Weather : Weatherboy has us at 80 F sun is in and out , WB has his brolley out. I haven't been out except for the paper , looks OK , out there.

On the computer front. The baby laptop is working good to very good. sometimes the renewal speed is slow but then it comes back and is extremely quick for the machine's history in the past.
Thus, no tablet for us , although everyone seems pleased w/ their i Pad whatever.
We're too cheap for our own good.

Thats it for the day. " sufficient for the day is the evil thereof "
The brothers at De La Salle used to use this - and I don't know what it means ?

No comments:

Post a Comment