Friday 12 September 2014

Crikey ! Upstaged

The News :
I was one - upped by the Torstar. The paper ran a first section , piece on Ebola in W Africa. 4 columns and 15 paragraphs , a chart and figures up to Sat , last.
The bad : over 4600 people affected and 2400 dead. This data puts the mortality rate at something like 50 % which is better than previous outbreaks. however , the numbers affected and the spread , probably mean , a higher transmission rate or better mechanism
I e - mailed the Star to add the bit about the sequencing of Ebola , W Africa.

The weather as promised cool , man , cool .  O/vcast and dodging looking

The baby laptop did speed up yesterday , after all the updates etc.
Still , I saw an add for the Surface 2 tablet w/ $ 100 off. I think the special price is on open box items. 
What makes me pause is :

pros : faster gaming and better graphics , higher quality cameras , and front and back cameras

cons : we don't game except for Mah Jongg which has taken over the computer ( we both play ) and MJ doesn't use much data time
that I can see
Cameras , well , except for Skype , we don't care
Ability to accept USB and other plug ins , is important
and most tablets can't do this easily ( I think )
For instance , my Bios video glasses

And , I'm cheap and deeply committed to a luddite lifestyle or relatively luddite lifestyle .

Adventures in Scarberia ; We are off to the movies this aft or the cinema , as they say , in jolly 'ol England. The choice is ' Guardians of the Galaxy '. We see 3 - 4 films in a year in a theatre. Mostly , in Fla. This trip will be our first this year in T.O.
Good luck , M chose this , honest I'm in dis - belief , and won't say   ' boo all ' til we are there and done
We shall see said the Zen Master

We went to dinner ( BD ) at Trattoria Fratelli. We ordered the bruschetta and veal marsala for her , while I had the antipasto , shrimp and mussels.
Notice the low carbs in my choice. however , the antipasto came w/ 4 slices of garlic bread. Nope ! I left 3 pieces of gb. B/c I figured that I got enough carbs w/ the bruschetta.
I am trying to watch.

Hope all is well in Northborough


No comments:

Post a Comment