Saturday 20 September 2014

Something Snapped

if you were M , living here w/ me , you'd hear that phrase throughout the year.
E.g. booking Vegas day. Certainly , we had hemmed and hawed about doing Vegas before Xmas. No set date etc.
Bingo , bango ! I was on line checking the carrier Westjet , M sees me fumbling around w/ schedules ...zip , zip and Bob's your Uncle
air / room done in one. No , probably more like 2 hrs all in.

Thurs. In my head , I'd been mulling the possibility of a towel warmer. Standard in English bathrooms , the towel warmer warms towels. The towel warmer also warms the room and dries towels.
I'd researched the reviews for towel warmers. I'd contacted stores.
Even had the neighbours advise on installers    ( hard wired warmers )
Well, you got it - Thurs came and a towel warmer is on order.
This morning the shipping info was e mailed.
Yep , a plug in ( soft wire ) towel warmer is coming.
M said ' What ? '
 I imagine that I forgot to mention the concept
while I was doing all the researching ( better part of a year )
I guess it failed to come up in conversation
M then says ' where is this going ? ' & ' how much ? '
sort of real practical questions
You think that maybe this has happened before ?
The cost is 270 dollars incl shipping , thus no one will starve or do w/out----- someone may however , get a screaming deal at our next garage sale.

Ideally , it will go in the upstairs washroom at QMH on the 'bee.
There is a baseboard heater but I figured a low wattage warmer left on at night , could raise the temperature a bit and dry towels. And if all goes right , the towel warmer will be closer to the toilet than the baseboard heat

A comprehensive follow up will be available here

We shall see said the Zen Master

Weather : it can't make up its mind sunny / not sunny - it will be warm , going to 70 something to -day but rain to follow

" it takes every kind of people to make the world go round "
from the inimitable Robert Palmer


No comments:

Post a Comment