Tuesday 30 September 2014

You Read It Here

In Liberia , in Monroeville , there is hospital , the JFK Hospital.
Heavily involved in the Ebola outbreak. Down the road is a large chalkboard , a sort of news of the world in banner headline style.
People stop to read the board. typical of what gets put up there is this : U.S. brought Ebola to Liberia so that U.S. troops could be deployed

It was so disruptive that the U.S. ambassador had to go public to explain the 3 000 troops that arrived in Liberia.

And the world goes on

Weather : turned a bit , threat of rian , cooler and grey
What the hey , it was good while it lasted

Played chauffeur last night , airport and back to Scarborough.
The plan was M runs in to find the visitors and I would wait in the cell phone parking lot. I drove around 2 x and never found the CP lot. People had pulled over on the shoulder , engines running and waiting.
On the beginning of the 3 rd go round , I got in the slow curb lane
moving at a crawl and said ' Crap ' and pulled over at Post 4 as I saw the attendant who chases cars away , just leave - figured that I had 5 minutes before he could get back. 
The ' loading zone at P 4 was empty when I stopped. I looked back in the mirror and there were 12 cars right behind me , stopped and waiting
Just as I figured that I needed to move , I called M - nada
I was near P 16 , our agreed rendevouz and the phone rings " Where are you  ? / Where are you ? /   what post ?  /  16 ? /    at 16
-----    we were all there.  Job done

Enjoy the day , enjoy the day

BTW - did you know on the radio , an expert on the Middle East said ' that if a Westerner uses the phrase  , Salaam Alaikum , or peace be w/ you , it is considered an insult by some Muslims '




No comments:

Post a Comment