Friday 19 September 2014

If

.. not the poem by Rudyard Kipling
But if you've read all the blog entries on this site then  you've read 866 pieces 
my apologies
my thanks
The ' f ' word was used last night by the weather lady , Colette.
There is a frost warning for N and E of the city. The temperature last night fell to the low 40 s here in Scarborough.
The city proper sits on the shores of L Ontario and the lake is still in the 60 's.
Weatherboy is dressed w/ coat , scarf and toque - that guy is not stupid

Getting my head around numbers
1. The Scottish independence question was settled 55- 45. They want to continue to blame England for their problems , smart move.
The announcers keep saying that a million people voted ' Yes ' for separation. To me that  means that a million and a half voted  ' No '.
Except , I though that 4 million people were going to vote. I guess they'll publish the actual numbers in the paper.

2. The show on the Airbus 380 ( 500 passengers ) said that at take off the A380 has a weight of 570 000 Kg. Now , wait half a mo'
500 000 Kg flies - in the air...... Holey Kamoley Batman..

This morning , they interviewed a guy who spent his last 3 nights sleeping in front of the electronics store - waiting for the i Phone 6
Rumour says that i - 6 will be in short supply in N . America.
Give me a break , 3 nights !  Its a phone.... its a cell phone

I host the monthly poker game this month to - day. The game has to be deemed ' friendly '. Everyone ponies up $60. Even if you go broke , you can still play. The rule for this is called the ' Peter Argo ' rule. Cuz guess what , he needed the rule or he'd go home at 9 o clock and we start at 8.
I was drafted approx 6 years ago. The table often has a 50 % Asian component - well , 4 are Japanese by ethnicity. 
There is a formula : a ) start on time      b) stop on time  c) food is served at 10: 30 or 11.
The game breaks up on or before 12. This game is an old man' s game , so , I'm now officially .... old - ish.
At Shoppers Drug Mart , the cashier asked ' are you over 55 , < pause > I'm supposed to ask '     all said sheepishly , until I said ' yes ' Her reply ' you don't look it '  Thank you dearie

# 866 is signing off

P.S. - I did go broke to - night. Kept playing and in the last 3 hands won back 44 dollars. The comeback kid - notice , I still lost.





No comments:

Post a Comment