Thursday 25 September 2014

Gone Wild

Ebola : overwhelming governments and on course to infect numbers such as 1 000 000.
A CBC segment had an epidemiologist saying that WHO got gutted financially as the prevailing wisdom was that epidemic control was not a priority in a world where many feared diseases were now under control. Right !
thus WHO can advise but has no resources to set up themselves
Sorry WHO for the earlier criticism , I didn't realize that you were useless  ... relatively speaking
BTW - that big number will accrue come Jan 2015 , making it almost a year since Ebola came to recognition

In defence of those W African countries. one reason that these countries were slow off the mark is the similarities of Ebola to Lassa fever which is endemic in these countries,
Both diseases present similarly at the beginning. Much later in the course of the disease a distinct pattern emerges
Sorry , W African countries for any disparaging remarks made earlier

They haven't asked me to send jet fighters to bomb ISIS , cuz they've asked everyone else

A trusting world : The parcel people left the towel warmer on our front stoop for two days , guess they weren't worried.

Fact ? Smoking kills 1 / 3 of people who smoke  I've got to check this one out

Fishing was fishing , not catching as the joke goes. As in  thats why they call it fishing not catching
The boat runs fine

The grass got trimmed and major carpentry repaired two boards on the dock that had rotted at the ends. I recycled boards that I found laying around , lazy boards. Wow , the boards even fit the space that was needed. Not professional but pretty good. I dood it myself
 ( pat . pat )

Summer happened and no one told us. Beuti , warm sunny days and light breezes. The nights are cool and clear.

" Our far flung navies " Rudyard Kipling 

Barack could have used those lines

On the Facebook front , I checked off about 20 friends requests
2 people confirmed the friend status. Haven't figured out what I'll do when 18 more people ' friend me '
Suggestions ?      readers  of mine

The Luddite log :Case 56
You know the tale of the DVD player that crashed in the exercise room. The new razzle dazzle Samsung BluRay DVD replacement went upstairs to the living room.
The exercise room inherited the 'old ' BluRay DVD player.
Well , the little CRT 14 in jobby in the exercise room is feeble c.f. the BluRay DVD player. Yes , I'm going to buy a flat screen TV for the elliptical work out room.
That means , we will have 3 CRT TV s kicking around somewhere , and the environmentalist in me is having kittens. I'll live , I guess.
Hope the kittens do , too !
I suppose this house just staggered into the world of ultra consumerism 
So for ' give away ' , 3 CRT TV s. Apply here.




No comments:

Post a Comment