Friday 5 September 2014

Records Will Fall

So , in this fall period , records will be broken to - day.
If the prognostications hold , weather related records will be set.
The temperature , right now , back deck , in the shade , 70 and its humid
There is a heat / humidity advisory posted for the young / elderly and susceptible people
We shall see said the Zen Master

World news : Dead Mouse , a singer ? ( rapper ) who dons a mouse costume on stage has been issued a cease and desist order from Disney claiming copyright infringement in the USA.
Dead Mouse has his look registered in other countries.

Not much of a story is it ?  Oh well, I could have done the NATO summit bit or ISIS in Iran or the Ukraine
This one seemed a little fun

You should learn something new everyday. I don't.
But , Op Osm ( get fit plan ) has me thinking.
Restraint - seems to be a key issue w/ me  ( and apparently , I'm not good at it.

Yesterday , I ordered the breakfast - sausage / eggs / homefries and toast for $ 8.95 at Amigos.
Looking at the plate , I decided half the potatoes was OK and take the rest home in a doggie styrofoam container. We don't have a dog
just me. Plus , a beer. It  wasn't my fault. The beer tap said ' sub zero ' and I has to try it ( it was freezing cold )

My cousin who is very fit ( rock climber type ) calls it portion control.
Boy , is he conscious of food  and his live in partner ,     too !

Last week , same meal ate the lot and felt bloated.
Last night , I was comfortable and not hungry or feeling anything but good
Lesson learned. Except , you gotta ask ' what were you doing , last week , you knew you didn't need all the potatoes and toast '

I'm guessing its a life time of  ' eat what you want ' going on here.

Will he ever learn - We shall see said the Zen Master




No comments:

Post a Comment