Sunday 30 December 2018

An Evolution

electronics in the house

We used the same i Phones for 6 yrs and the baby laptop was nursed along for 5 ( 3 yrs out of date at purchase ).
The Moto g5 ( this Oct ) was a marvel as I compared it to the i Phone 4s which isn't fair b/c we are talking 5 - 6 generations difference. Then M got her Samsung J3 which is a powerful little phone.
And we start, 2 generations old w/ these phones

The Chromebook was a quantum jump as well. Faster, more capable making. internet connections easy. The CB 11 ( Chromebook 11 ) starts in a blink. Once, I was familiar w/  the gestures and commands that you can use w/ the CB11 , the machine became something that I looked forward to using. < you may recall my angst at ' highlighting ' etc >
An i Pad or some tablet would be as fast. But I'm still old school and looking for the flexibility that the right ports for inputs brings.
To wit my ' tutor ' at the pub, was showing me  a peripheral w/ 4 inputs for HDMI, USB 3 and USB 3.1.
This CB11 comes w/ dual Type C ports which are faster than USB 3 by some ten times. As well, the Type C ports are interchangeable, thus you can charge from either side. And bonus w/ Type C there is no up or down - it fits always.
I was looking back and noticing how electronic life around here has changed.
However, next door w/ two 20 yr olds is that much further ahead of us. Every technological jump we make puts us at least a generation behind the kids next door.

The weather is winter, white on the ground and gray in the air - oh, and cold looking. 
Been out and now report "Not as bad as I thought but raw w/ an ugly wind up to no good ".

" Lord of the Silent Kingdom " by Glen Cook is my re-read for the 6 th time. I'm skipping parts that are dull. 
' Not one man in five hundred becomes aware of the conflict against the Tyranny of the Night. The incessant war between our world and the Instrumentalities of the Night ' paraphrased from the Introduction to LotSK. In reviews, Glen Cook, author, has been accused of jumping right in w/ little information on the characters or references to places and situations. This commentary amde me feel better b/c a few times ' I was like - Wow, did you skip a bit
or are pages stuck to-gether '

No comments:

Post a Comment