Wednesday 5 December 2018

new is Better

?

Of course, this CB11 comes to mind first.
The knocks against the CB11 that I bought. 
Pre - purchase reviewers mentioned a) poor speaker quality b) the bexel or edge around the screen was thick  c) the keys didn't have enough up / down travel < for comfort and a solid feel >
d) gaming was limited b/c raw memory / processor speed wasn't there

For me, CB11 is fast.
The key board is a little bigger than baby laptop and suits me. Typing is much easier even c.f. the big laptop.
The pad has no left / right click - its one finger < left > and two fingers < right > click.
As well, 2 fingers scroll the screen up / down. Unfortunately, someone is having a tough time remembering this feature.
This Dell 5190 comes with a claim that my CB11 will survive many drops of less than 3 ft. And is liquid resistant for spills under 8 oz -
yepper, cup of coffee mistake -> wipe and go.

I didn't tell you but this Dell 5190 is marketed as the students laptop.

Now, pre - purchase on YouTube, I watched and noted 10 hints on
tricks that your Chromebook could do.  I've yet to try any that I know of, and may have performed several already in learning the ropes on CB11.

Apparently, in reading through the 10 hints, someone didn't like ' smooth scrolling ' as mentioned above.
So far so good.

A note : over two days almost, I've discovered / learned what ' touch pad ' means.
I was using my finger tip to activate the pad, only to realize < duh > that you use the pad of your finger for touch.

Come on, is this in the rule book somewhere ??
Which rule book ?
Everybody knows but me, right !

Thus, being sick and stuck in bed is perfect for            ' acclimatising ' to the CB11. 
OR /
C- 3PO ? nope, can't make it work
Let's see Chromebook - Third Place Offering
R2D2, not a chance

Fails in life, you can add these a) haven't figured out ' highlighting  ' yet
b) drag and drop w/out a mouse or < left / right click keys >

I know - I know the whole world can do it


No comments:

Post a Comment