Thursday 13 December 2018

the Saga of Download Speed

Crap !!

The download speed got to 9. ?? Mb/s and I reported to the techs at TekSavvy. The phoneline can carry 12 Mb but the modem is narowing the range
The solution to unblock the throttling, lets reset your modem.
The instructions filled 3 pages. I went through the pages and finished in 15 minutes.
TaDa - no internet.
Tried again
gave up
Called the TS techs
Sure I'll help you. 40 minutes later the CB11 is live but the Ethernet ( cabled ) laptop , NO !

The picture is 2 laptops, now running on WiFi and quite happy but no hard wired connection

Mr P at TS promised to call back to-morrow for a progress report.

but the speed did cross the 10 Mb barrier, barely.

Weather is raw but on the mild side.
Long range from Brett Anderson shows milder followed by seasonable and then wetter.

I once read an article in Scientific American, whoa, lets be careful here - I read the words and finished the 16 pages. Thank goodness there were diagrams. The title was ' Gauge Bosons, the Ties that Bind '. Love the title.
Well, to-day Brian Green during a TED Talk described String Theory in physics. Thank goodness he had a 3 D video show o help. So, I kinda got it - kinda. Thus, when we meet, you can start the conversation w/ ' how does string theory explain ..... '

And I was worried about Bosons.

No comments:

Post a Comment