Thursday 6 December 2018

" When the Snow Comes

a tumbling down "

Yepper, flurries and damp.

Truck in for maintenance, the ' B ' check up at $ 244.00
If I get to ' M ' service check I'll be broke

All done. Instead of a ride home - ' can we get you a loaner ? '
Yes. I drove both ways home and picking up.

Lesson learned. I paid a fortune for the truck. And there is a reason, the loaner Civic was OK but the truck is Boss. Increased comfort, visibility and solid feel.
and its a truck

Well, here I am typing in bed. I thought I'd fill out the detail on the CB11.
Yes, for my small hands the keyboard is perfect. Some reviewers commented that the key spacing is tight or at least a little close.
The touchpad is reputed to be a bit ' laggy ', however since my experience is based on the baby laptop, then this touchpad is equivalent at the least.
I did not buy the 2 in 1 version of this machine which costs more but and a big but you get a tablet option as the laptop folds over. And obviously a touch screen.

In my case if I need that kind of handiness or function, my Moto g5 is proving quite a decent Google device.

Now, of course, everything needs plugging in.
Plugs - Aha a neat topic for this CB11.
The sides each have USB 3 port and a USB C.
You know about USB 3 b/c that is the top of the line USB series unit or cable.
But Type C is a 3A and 40 W able port and given the correct mating cable can handle 40 Gb of data.
Actually, it all gets quite muddled in discussing USB s and cables. Matching ability is key here.
Furhtermore speed, functioning and overall ability all are factors.
To wit, data transfer at optimum works only if the sending and receiving units are equivalent and the cable has minimum capacity.
Here at home, our DSL ( phone line service ) is 7 Mb download and you guessed it way under data transfer speed for the Type C USB port on this machine.







No comments:

Post a Comment