Monday 10 December 2018

Closing in On

well, Xmas and New Years etc

When teaching, over-hearing the students always made me ponder life changes. The talk in the room was always ' what are you doing to-morrow night ' or ' are you going to Randy's Saturday, big party, you know '.
And as an adult you plan for Xmas or the summer but its months away. In fact, sometimes the student mode was so contagious that I'd blurt out to friends after      ' OK, we'll go to-morrow ' and receive a stunned look as in ' what, I meant, you know in the future '

The day is overcast and grim appearing but I am venturing forth w/ trepidation........
its dentist day, after all.
Escaped w/ a cleaning and the hygienist's bill which is hefty enough. Once, Dr P did the cleaning himself and the cost was 1/3 less.


Typing on my lap w/ CB11. An update, re: learning how to best use the Chromebook. I reported failure to launch on the topics of ' highlighting ' and ' drag and drop '.
I watched the videos on YouTube , < EZ PZ  > as the girl explained her method. I tried many times, carefully placing my fingers.
No dice. But to-day , A friend at the Korner, gave me a quick lesson on Chrome OS.
As I watched, he broke my touchpad. The pad bent down as he pushed on the bottom left corner then he dragged or highlighted.
The pad moved .... moved. Just like it was supposed to. They didn't tell me - did they tell you
Depress the corner to activate  < left click > and obviously  < right click >.

Thus, I can now fully use the Chrome OS.

How to feel inadequate, in 2 lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment