Saturday 22 December 2018

Coldrrrr

about a 6 degree drop in temperature

Day is gray

Yes colder but not bundle up cruel

Finished watching a bucket list video on YouTube
42 foods before you die
Comments ranged from ' close to NYC or Bangkok '
' gross ' b/c some items were 24 scoop sundae
                                               1.5 # beef rib
                                                ginormous steak

One item from Toronto : cheesy sushi

???????????/ for me  .... not so

OK on the topic my bucket list
1. Ribs from Kansas City
    my take is ' I'll be disappointed ' b/c I figure that I can do better at home......... even on a gas grill.
My bias says ' hot and fresh ' is best
treat the meat well and its good BBQ
you eat off the grill or whatever
juice drips down your chin
leave off the sauce
if your meat is good
no sauce needed unless you dip

2,  fresh beats anything no matter what you put on top

3. Recently, here in the city - I found a Rice / Noodle shop. Its similar to a Vietnamese ' Pho ' or noodle shop.
however, the broth / soup was to die for
some places advertise soya sauce based soup NOPE !
good stock, beef bones, cabbage etc thats soup
I'm very biased b/c my stock at home is boss
bones, coleslaw ( using it up, usually ) and boil ans let simmer ---- long ............ long
Basically, I'm spoiled

Yes, I'm going back
and back 
they don't speak a lot of English but what the ' hey '
they point really well


No a burger would never be on my bucket list
b/c its a burger
its not manna from heaven
its a burger
Crikey

Gourmet burger is an oxymoron
is a like ' Central Intelligence Agency '
you know its not any of those 2 words






No comments:

Post a Comment