Thursday 9 September 2021

Fisherman Catches Fish

 there s a banner headline

Yes. I caught fish / and brought some home. M has been hinting that she'd like a bass dinner , smallmouth, I think. But I figure ' go w/ what you got '. 
My first fish was a rock bass < good eating > I saved it.

I had some smaller fish and released them. Moving upriver a goodly sized crappie hit and I thought ' 2 fish for dinner '. The wind was gusting upriver and I was anchoring the boat < hate anchoring ! >.
Near noon, I figured one more try at a spot closer to home. Anchor up and and within minutes, I was getting these whacks on the line and crappie were coming to the boat. I estimate 20 crappie, some rock bass and 2 largemouth < one was a good eating size >. I was trying to make 2P before the diner closed at Old Railroad.

Well, by the time I put the boat up and cleaned those fish an hour had gone by. Thus, I got gas bought instant noodles in the convenience store and headed back to the Q.

Slept. Planted grass seed. Tarped the boat and came home.

The tough life for sure

Long range from Brett Anderson at Accuweather

Grt Lakes especially L Ont and Erie

Sep 13 - 19 - warm < all Grt Lks >

Sep 20 - 26 - warm all Grt Lk and surround

Sep 27 - Oc 2 - warm

No comments:

Post a Comment