Thursday 30 September 2021

the 6:00 AM

 ritual ?

Its fishing day. The ritual is : meet in my driveway, drive to McD s, head out on # 401. We change drivers halfway and I eat my sandwich

We launch , formerly called ' Lotto bass boat > and begin our day on the ' bee.

" lotto bass boat " doesn't seem to apply, now. I mean the rails have shifted, bent etc. The trolley has jumped the rails < trolley and usually boat on board > and needs jacking and shifting. The trolley has jammed to a halt. Oh. did I forgot something - likely. Right there in the boathouse are all the equipment needed to correct any or all of the above.

No more ! quoth the raven

The forecast indicated ' 8 hr of sun ' - oops, we got 40 minutes < and thats a stretch >, however, the wind was more or less as promised - 20 - 25 Kph. Out of the N that wind pushed us a good clip all day.

The creel was small. Say, 15 fish caught most - small. I lucked out and caught the 2 biggest crappie but that was it for me. Same old - same old, trying but barely succeeding.


From yesteryear, a memory - 

No comments:

Post a Comment