Thursday 17 November 2022

ᧁ is for Value

 ᧁ the ' new ' tai lue finial for ' V '. Yes, the old one wasn't as colourful

When we reflect on our mistakes, we are supposed to learn. You shouldn't wallow in your errors.

Well, I do. Weeks after I'm still unsettled about the printer.
The story. The laptops that I use are both Chromebooks. The Chrome OS is lauded for speed and versatility. Fast loading [ there is minimal program storage internally ] and responsive.

Typically, a Chromebook comes w/ limited [ ONE ] port ( s ). The rationale is that you add a dongle [ interface hub ] and plug in whatever you need. The Chromebook is reputed to run 5 attached peripherals w/out a glitch.

As well, Chrome OS is touted as delivering almost unlimited adaptability for printers. You hit a button and the OS finds a printer.

Except. I struggled for a year and half when we added a new printer [ an HP ]. At first, I had success and then - frustration. How do you spell ' computer ', ' a - a - r -r -g - h !!!!! '.

One day, four weeks ago [ ? ], I saw a YouTube title, something like ' VPN causing mis - link '. 

OK. Yes, I use a VPN on both Chromebooks. I turned off VPN and as promised the Chromebook found the printer instantly.

I had been placing the Chromebook right beside the printer. The supposed range of the BluTooth sensor on the printer was limited. Nope. 
Now, a room away, the Chromebook finds the printer.

Aarrgh ! Aarr .....rrrr gh !

A cold day again. I've yet to bring in the hoses and turn off the water. Now, the day is bright and welcoming

And reprise. Today, printed instantly,
I'm a superstar ! [ idiot ]

No comments:

Post a Comment