Sunday 6 November 2022

ᮾ - bringing you special K [ not the cereal ]

ᮾ the emoji is the Sudanese finial for the letter ' K '

The day was uncertain. However, the sun appeared and the weather settled down. Really, remarkably warm. 

Well, when you fail or the electronics fail, try again.

So, I'm at the Tiger for Sunday shopping.
I bought cushions to accent the new futon cover. I needed to ask a fellow shopper ' what colour is this ' holding up the cushion.
" Well, greenish but subtle " wrong answer. I was specifically told       ' not green '.
However, the nice lady returns as I'm holding up the cushion and says   ' you know, its got a greyish shimmer to it ', yes, I was allowed to buy grey. 
Follow up.
 Firstly, the cushions do not clash. Subtle is the correct term.
And at $ 7 a pillow, take a chance.

Thus, I'm lined up at checkout, standing beside the" impulse buy " shelves. Yes, I pick up ' Soar brand [ huh ? ], wireless mini keyboard ',  another one ?. Yepper. If you can buy subtle greyish pillows then $ 15 for a wireless keyboard - sure !! 

I pre - charged the keyboard and read the instructions.
 Actually, not only wireless but BluTooth. Bonus. No USB key to plug in.

I'm typing on that mini keyboard, now. And its highly functional for me.

 Advantage : to put the tablet screen on the coffee table and keep the typing mechanism on my knee where I'm sitting two feet from the tablet. 

As well, the mini keyboard is thin and light, likely flimsy too ! BUT definitely portable. Convenient. 

Early days, there is plenty of time to find flaws. 

We shall see said the Zen Master.

Oh, a brilliant day. Sun and warm winds out of the SW mainly.

As at now, getting ready to exercise. This process is involved and busy. Sort of, revving up to the finale - workout.

What ?
Dressing. Grab a headband for the sweat [ not gang colours ]
A towel for sweat control [ lots of sweat ]
Sync the cellphone and chest monitor.
Ensure that the Soda Stream bottle has enough fizzy water. Hydrate.
Hydrate before you start
After you feel thirsty, too late.

Results. 830 Cal burned. Average BPM 120, Max BPM 135. Elapsed time 66 min.
20 min rowing machine

40 min elliptical + jump off for calesthenics and weights.

In 2003, on retiring, I vowed to start a routine of physical activity that would be suitable and doable for 5 years. The idea was to set a term looking into the future and trying to accomplish that goal.

I still plan in that vein, 5 years out hoping for a doable program.

I log each workout and what I printed above is a portion of that record


No comments:

Post a Comment