Sunday 29 July 2012

A Loss and wins

Yesterday, the Hammy Nats lost to the Denver Outlaws, big time 21 - 12. The score is indicative of the dominance of the other guys.
The Outs. cut hard to the net from behind and took their cover D past the net and turned back. they used goal line extended to stretch the defense. They took more face-offs, dropped the ball less and out ground balled the Nats.
The Nats never got composed. Their passes inside were dropped or cut out by a fairly solid defense.

The Outlaws got solid goal tending from Jesse
Schwartzman ( ex- Hopkins ) . Js wasn't spectacular, stood his ground, took his angles and the Nats shot right at him. 

We went for dinner at Joya ' Korean Japanese Restaurant '. Burger joint front, very neat inside. Food, dynamite. I had tempura udon. This dish is usually flour noodles ( fat ones ) in a broth w/ say green onions. Normally you'd get 2 battered shrimp and a battered onion ring or green pepper or a zuchinni or sqaush. What I had was a superb broth, tasty noodles. They added kamaboko ( fried fish paste, like a cake ) many flavouring vegetables and a panko topping. The side was 3 shrimp ( big shrimp - yeah it sounds dumb - big shrimp ) , 5 pieces of battered veg. I didn't finish. BTW, the soup came bubbling to the table. I was sweating the whole meal. The soup is served in a stoneware black bowl, pre-heated so the soup doesn't cool down. 

The son from next door, Colin, does our lawn along w/ his sister.  he asks questions all the time, the whole trip.

My mom is in a nursing home. On Saturday's visit, I went into the sun room to see her.
She was wearing a tie, not. She had vomitted over her front. I called the staff and they got her to her room. the nurse was very concerned and tried to keep me informed. It turns out that I end up holding the garbage can while mom tosses her cookies. If your an avid reader, you know now that I come by my throwing up , honestly, I know too much information.
I left when I realized, the nurse was working to keep me informed and tend Mom, so I took off.
Mom has been at the long term care, since Feb 2004. The official description of her mental state is dementia, Alzhheimer's type. Without an autopsy, everyone is guessing, what level of dementia Mom has. Actually, all the residents on the 7 th floor are different in their diablilties.

Mom is polite and likes to talk, to anyone. She is one the few who can listen to another patient and even tries to help. she's useless but tries. she loves to count - cars, poles anything. the staff speak of her fondly.

The dichotomy here is that I see a frail, old women and what she can't do. So, I try to see the situation from the staff point of view - but wow,  I still come home looking for a martini.

I know, talk about personal info in a blog. Oh well, now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment