Sunday 22 July 2012

Sat in T.O.

In the news, 3 people thrown from powerboat that had just fueled and pulling away. The folks flew right into the air as the boat exploded . Considering there was a fire, airborne probably saved their lives. Sometimes fumes can built up in the below deck space w/ an inboard. You are supposed to vent or blow out the fumes.

We don't think they shot anyone last night in the city.

My mosquito bites have started to itch ( its been 2 days ). I went out w/ Nick next door and we left about 7: 45 PM and came home after 9 PM . The mosquitoes came out to chow down on fishermen.
As soon as I got home, I took an anti-histamine. Then, I used a spoon dipped in hot water and applied the spoon to the bites. About 7 places on me. I had trouble w/ the bite on my elbow, basically, I couldn't find the bite location, kinda everywhere itched. Found it now tho'.
The hot spoon heats the site and denatures the anti -coagulant that the mosquito injects into you. Its the anti-coagulent that irritates your body.
Don't say you don't learn anything here.
I have a heat pen that does the same thing but it was at home.

So, to the morning inside the walls. I made applesauce, by mistake. Usually, I like the apples browned and its more candied apples than applesauce.
However, near QMH there is Farm Store , thats its name, ' the Farm Store '. Three Roads Farm Store. tFS is on the way into the QMH. yep, we stop almost every time.
They are associated w/ a chicken farm. tFS has a hot deli for lunch. tFS has frozen food. I've been having trouble getting good apples at a reasonable price. I bought apple slices.

This morning, I used the apples straight from the bag ( frozen ). Butter in the pan ,apples on top, heat and wait. the apples gave off so much water that I had applesauce. So, I added raisins, cinammon and honey ( too much actually )my normal recipe.
Results, very good. Now, unfreeze the apples and dry them. Use less honey. Tweaking the recipe is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment