Thursday 5 July 2012

Vive la Difference

This blog originates in Canada. The bulk of my readers, heck, my readers, are American. Therefore, I feel obligated to remember to include both cultures.
Here in Can. we celebrate Jul 1. In the U.S. the 4 th is holiday. In Canada, the coney island hot dog winner ate 45. In the U.S. the winner of the hotdog eating contest ate 56.  Clearly, a superior nation. We kill off about ten Canadians on the roads during our long week end. In the U.S. approx 160 deaths are recorded on the roads. Superior #s for sure.
Please be aware, I accept no reponsibility for accuracy. The bulk of my info comes via CBC radio overnight. The feeds ( usually, not Canadian ) are Radio Australia, BBC, Deutsche
Vella and Radio Poland. I'm half asleep trying to " listen " myself back to LaLa land.
So, if I get facts wrong, please feel free to correct the blog.
This AM finds us watching the Tour de France.
We know absolutley nothing about bike racing. After 5 days, you'd be surprised at the sophistication of our dialogue here. We know " drafting " and peleton and " yellow jersey "and King of the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment