Saturday 14 July 2012

saturday at Casa Matsuba

Confessions. The folks here got up at 11:15.
We weren't sure what to do or what one does at 11, we made coffee.

Pourquoi, you ask ? Well, I played cards two nights in a row. Fri ( Thur game ) I was in bed by 3:00. Sat ( Fri game) it was 1:30.
As well, my Vancouver Aunt needed a ride to the airport Thur morning ( real Thur ) at 5:30. Suffice to say my bio-rhythm was off-key, a lot. I don't do well on no sleep.

I bought leeks b/c on the radio these chefs said they always have leeks available b/c leeks are so versatile. so far, the leeks have replaced green onions in fried rice and sliced thin in a salad. The chef dudes said a myriad of uses. I'm short a whole myriad, it seems.
So, to rectify the situation - we will do pork chops wrapped in foil w/ vegetables incl. leeks, of course. The foil packets will go on the BBQ ala Boy Scout style or ala how I remember Boy Scout style. We used to fire the foil packet on the campfire embers. This resulted in well done food. As in really, well done food, OK slightly blackened ( blackened is trendy-in nowadays ).

We are trying Weight Watchers diet plan or M's version of Weight Watchers ( we're not sure this is legal usage of the name ). We are debating about the starting date. I suppose its how desperate you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment