Monday 7 April 2014

" aagh ! "

The scream heard round the world

Apple store : i phone 4s bought in 5 minutes , Apple sent an e-mail receipt , in case I lost the paper one from the store. Tres efficient

Home: 1 . How to cut down an existing SIM card to make it a micro                    SIM on the internet.... NO , as a last resort only
          2. Purchased airtime from Speakout about 6 months ago ,                        a micro Sim came free. Read the destructions , first.
          3. Do everything the enclosed page says. Activate and get a                   new phone number on line. Step 7 call and ask to port (                       transfer your number from a pre-existing account ). Make                   the call. Sorry , those destructions were for totally new                       phone activation numbers. You must have a non activated                     micro SIM to port a number. You can only port a phone                       number from another carrier , not Speakout to Speakout
          4. Can I transfer the airtime balance ... NO , airtime balance                   goes w/ the phone number.
           5. Let me get this straight , I'm screwed. Yes , says the lady

Me: OK what if I have a non activated micro SIM , here. Can you help me. 
girl :Yes. You mean you have a second micro SIM , right there. 
Me: Yes.
So ,now we're cooking w/ gas Bingo Bango and Bob's your uncle
Speakout transferred my old phone number to the i phone 4s.

Girl :Turn off both your phones and check at 11 AM Monday.

Zen Master : we'll see.

Do you want a speakout phone number b/c I have  a spare.
M asked back 6 months ago , what do I do w/ the micro SIM card.
I said ' dunno ' . Now , we know

No comments:

Post a Comment