Friday 11 April 2014

Tangential to ' Siri '

Since , this blog tends to be whats on my mind at any given second or minute , to-day is no different

Using Siri , for fun , testing the technology , this is the first week of the new ' toy ' , after all

I spoke ' crosses in the ballpark ' to Siri b/c I was humming , Paul Simon's ' Obvious Child ( Why Deny ... ) '

Siri reponded w/:
The correct lyrics are ' the cross is in the ballpark '. Simon is quoted as saying that he was thinking of someone like Billy Graham doing a show in the ball field.
I remember hearing Simon talk about song writing and inspiration. He said ' one thing must be true ' then you can go from there.

The song itself is interesting. In the original video , Simon is backed by these crazy drummers ' Ola Dum '. Ola Dum is not unique. The marching / non marching drum club or group is very common in Brazil.

I find myself , quoting and pondering the lyrics.
" I don't expect to be treated like a fool no more
I don't expect to sleep through the night '

" I've been waking up at sunrise 
I watch the night receive the room of my day "

Crikey , when does this guy sleep

Is Simon talking about himself or is he representing the age he is at.
We are close in age ( Simon when he wrote the lyrics and Simon now , straddles my age ).

As well, since I mis-remembered those lyrics , in the same reference , Siri showed the most mis-quoted lyrics by Bruce Springsteen ( author )
" Dressed up like a douce 
And a runner in the night"

Bruce wrote

" Revved  up like a deuce
Another runner in the night "

Bruce , probably , meant the  car ,  " deuce coupe '
Its not entirely our fault b/c Manfred Mann sang the first lines that I quoted or close.

Siri doesn't recognize singing or doesn't recognize my singing.
Me : Time after time  - singing
Siri : Here is " Time after Time " . however ,it is not very close to you ( the store , TAT is 87 km away )

" Some people say a lie is just a lie
But I say , the cross is in the ballpark
Why deny the obvious child "

I purchased " John Carter " the DVD. The John Carter of Edgar Rice Burrough fiction is a Walt Disney , movie. I don't think it was well received but since I read the original story.... Well , I had to have the DVD
I revel  in watching JC , however , I am alone in the house on that one
I'm out $ 15 and there is a ticket waiting for me at Homewood Field and I won't be there , as # 9 JHU faces #3 Maryland , Sat.

The taxes are organized but the whole process would have been difficult , had we gone away , this week end. Despite the Revenue Canada web site closure , I would have worried the whole seven days that we were away.
Now , I can take my time and work on the data and get the forms in w/ a week to spare.

This change will mean that since 2005 , this is the first time that I haven't been at Homewood to see the BlueJays play.

Bought the iphone case , called " Otterbox commuter "
It was $40 but when we spent 75 , the coupon took $20 off.
Now , we have extra - cookies , clamato drink etc. We needed to get to $ 75
Figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment