Monday 7 April 2014

Adventures in ' Siri -land '

Joaquin Phoenix I'm not
This voice doesn't love me

Me: what is your name ?
Siri: Siri
Me: can I change your name ?
Siri: I am Siri and will always be Siri

That about sums up the interactions
Siri probably chews up data time like dobermans chew meat

So far , I've pressed ' reset all ' by mistake
Apparently , I did not read far enough in the ' reset home page instructions ' b/c that was I was trying to do
However , after another 10 min , re-typing the info and toggles again - I'm back to where I was , ............. which is ?
dunno

The iphone 4s is now attached to my gmail address and transfers info such as calendar entries , including one that I can't remember making 

However , I discovered on reading the 156 p manual ( skipped some parts ) that you can ' shortform ' in typing. Set up a phrase that you want to shortform while typing and the keyboard types the phrase in full
omw - types as ' on my way '

I added
coac - types as ' crap on a cracker ' - what else would I choose
lps    - types as ' lord preserve us '

Figured those last 2 would eliminate , really bad swearing , Siri is a lady after all. Siri is female and her name is derivative from German for ' beautiful lady '.
M got the iphone original. She can actually see the keyboard w/out her glasses

Man , are we hip or what

I've got ' locate my iphone ' set up - GPS , no less
Haven't figured how to lock it but you need a password to access the main screen
I mean every 3 minutes the iphone goes back to opening screen and then a number pad shows and you need to type the password
You know that I'm going to lock myself out , right !
Natch.

Dragged , kicking and screaming into techno age
for $600. See , iphone + tax is $520 and the 2 year insurance plan is $ 96.
The insurance is for drops and dunks. Well ,thats what I need
Drop or dunk and for $79 you get a new phone
Many an iphone has hit the pavement
The original iphone that I was using fell many times

Insurance , great. Here's me ,  hoping that I drop it and there's them hoping that I won't --- and I'm paying them to be optimistic

Oh , the lady at Speakout did her job - I'm using the old Speakout # and the balance carried over

Weather : mild considering what we've been through Rain on the way

No comments:

Post a Comment