Saturday 26 April 2014

Maybe ,not so

Great Things

Sweet cyder is a great thing,
     A great thing to me,
Spinning down to Weymouth town
     By Ridgway thirstily,
And maid and mistress summoning
     Who tend the hostelry:
O cyder is a great thing,
     A great thing to me!

The words are Thomas Hardy ( yes , Tess of the D'urbervilles etc )

The lines came to me - and this happens often , recalling lines
Why ?
Dunno , always loved poetry

I was going to write about situations that I enjoy
and maybe , take advantage of
To wit
The article that I wrote on measles , recently , was in the TorStar , back in some section - World or Life
However , I noticed it first on a broadcast over the  ' buds ' about 3 nights before
So ,I guess that I found it rather neat , to hear the story fleshed out , not a 45 sec byte by the BBC
( usually , is them )
Hence not so ' Great ' things

I find the topics of disease and their prevalence , transmission and history , fascinating
and I also , feel , people should be more aware

The almost ' fad '  like or really misguided notion that inoculations are a matter of choice by moral imperative is disturbing. 
Not unaware of the possibility of reactions to injections , the chances pale in comparsion to the disease itself , the life long effects of measles can be devastating.

Weather : beats winter but grey and cool-ish again

Think of the Riviera or the Top of the Mark in San Francisco - romantic...........

We're contemplating Seneca Allegany for our anniversary... maybe not pathetic  but .............
The rationalization is cute.............. maybe , maybe not

Its free ! Why did you choose ' X ' b/c it was free - good one , very romantic

And there we are , running over the border again - fairly disloyal to Canada
I mean Fallsview in Canadian Niagara is offering $ 85 rooms.  The craps table starts at $5 and hits 15 by the afternoon   They don't want us bad enough


No comments:

Post a Comment