Sunday 6 April 2014

Titled " Promotions "

Well , thats the polite term. Its where I send all the advertisements that come to my second e-mail address.
Two e-mails , you bet. Friends get one address. Businesses etc get the second. TG , I thought of that.
On occasions , and this could be 3 X a week ,the second address could get 15 e-mails a day. Most of these ads go to ' Promotions ' but some ads make it to my general ' inbox '.
Here's one promo that caught my attention , from Groupon.
" Ultra-sound Cavitation Contouring "
Trust me , this is one headline where I don't think that I want to read the rest.
Sounds like the Bruce Springsteen song ' they'll be carving you up all night '

An aunt sends forwarded e-mails , mostly jokes etc. This time she sent " rice art ".
Farmers use different rice varieties and grow images in the rice. Like crop circles but this is patterned rice growing. So ,either Google - rice art or send me your e-mail and you can see the images.... some are three rice paddies long
Ok , I admit if I coulda figured out how to reproduce it here , I would have

Weather : Wad habenned ----- beutii Sun and going for 60 F at the least. Spring , sprung. Bingo , bango

On the lacrosse front. The Kings of Spring - JHU beat Albany , the Great Danes. This happened Fri night at Homewood. The Jays held a high powered offense to 1/2 their average goal production and managed to play a full game.
I was waiting for the game on Saturday and discovered that I was a day late. Notice the common theme here ' day late and dollar short ' story of my life.
Also ,under the category of mis- information ,I goofed.
If memory serves b/c I didn't go back and check ( go back and check , no way ) I quoted Dave Petriemala as saying after the loss in the  North Carolina game that practice went so well the week before. Got it wrong. He really said ' what do you expect when practice is lack lustre all week '  Mea Culpa folks !
I get to be at Homewood soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment