Sunday 21 June 2015

Barsoom...........

.......... not an instrument but in the DVD ' John Carter ' of Mars , Barsoom is the native word for Mars.  Yepper , I'm watching JC again , on the elliptical machine during workout time.

Happy Fathers Day
or Aboriginal Day ( in Canada )
or 1 st day of summer ( although it seems to have got here , 10 days                                       ago )

As well , I'm attending a memorial for a school mate , I missed the funeral but apparently , so did a whole whack of people.
Then , as a couple we are having a welcome home dinner for a second cousin , returning or visiting T.O. after an internship in Germany , as a fashionsita  ( w/out pay )

Weather : bright , and warm w/ rain on the way , perhaps thunderstorms

Every now and then , I make a genius move - not too many b/c you've heard them lauded here.
2 yrs ago at ' Dollarama ' , the Canadian , Buck a shot shop , I paid $ 3 for a hand saw w/ case. The saw was for pruning etc. Except , I removed the hand handle and mounted the blade on a broom handle.
Since then , the saw has become a weeder , cutter and edger. I don't need to bend down and the blade does all those things mentioned and more. Even yesterday afternoon , the blade took down to ground the stumpy parts of a cedar hedge so that I could till underneath the hedge. Weeded around the new tree , the city put in.

Good move ? no , the genius part - I bought 4 saws. I spent $12 and they've lasted 2 yrs in rigorous use and I mean rigorous - they've b/come a work a day tool.
Sadly , to -day , I had to open the last one. The blades dull and I sharpen them but they do fail.
can I find similar items at Dollarama " Nope "
Wisdom ends so soon doesn't it

Have a great day
Was coffee good this morning , Mr B , text man from OH ?


No comments:

Post a Comment