Saturday 27 June 2015

Op Osm Review

To recap , Op Osm short formed from a reality TV character / show who re - models / reforms out of shape humans
and kicks starts them on the way to a fitter lifestyle
In mid July 2014 , the blogger , here , started Op Osm
For the duration ,the weight loss was the factor most under control or most likely to provide substantiation - a number , a quantity
a measure
Success , or an end point to weight loss occurred in Dec or so.
The remaining time since , has been maintenance.
Apropos of that , I can report my weight at 170 lb , this AM .
Other measures , will include my pants size which is now somewhere between 34 - 36 ( kinda loose , there ).

Along the way , I've changed eating habits
Mornings can start w/ a handful of Shreddies ( the cereal ) and fruit salad and jello ( orange , please ) and coffee.
I control carbohydrates especially , bread and pasta but carbs in general.
To - night for example , bread was a soft taco filled w/  coleslaw , tomato and re - heated pork.
I did not give up beer and drink ,  2 , lets say , at the pub

But ...... almost 2 years ago , I received a new heart rate monitor w/ watch. I record heart rate , max / min and average and calories burnt during my elliptical work outs. 
As well , the watch performs a calculation called V - O2 max. or ability to take up oxygen during exercise in test mode.
I believe that normally , a subject wears a oxygen mask and exercises and the machinery measures how much O2 is used.
The watch has its version
Ready
Lie on the floor and relax
Set the watch in test mode
Begin
No kidding , after 5 minutes , the watch beeps and it kicks out a reading

When I first used the watch VO2 max was rated at 33 or good for my age
Yesterday , the rating was 40 which is very good by the age chart

Thus, there was a fitness number that I could use. Of course , repeating this test would be good except that I never confirmed the original number. 
The instructions say relax and be calm - so , who knows what environmental factors can affect the results
Still nice to know there is a fitness parameter that could be monitored

The QMH has ants , the brown kind.... raccoons , ants ---- all pests
all to be expected

No comments:

Post a Comment