Thursday 4 June 2015

Rocc - ies Tale

The BBC in England , wants ' cute ' anecdotal stories of our  ( Canadian '  )interaction  w/ roccus raccoonis or the raccoon. 
The little  ' f- ers ' raid our garbage bins drop their ' sh*t ' all over my deck but cute , give me a break.
To add to my list of ' hate ' , one goes and dies in my shed on the ' bee. I went looking for a watering can and found , yessir... a dead rocc - ie . I  heard the buzzing and thought ' hornets ? ' , ' oh no a hornet nest in the shed '.
Noper , a dead raccoon. long dead. Shovelled him up and into the bush.

As well, my interaction w/ wildlife extended to carp , the fish.
On the way to the 'bee , our usual stop is the pub , Porch and the Pint . we've never been on the porch but are familiar w/ the pint.
My lunch was the pork cutlet avec frites. I took the fries home to the 'bee.
next morning , I cut the fries into pieces and went to the dock. I threw a handful of fries into the water , put a frie on the hook and went to work , cutting the grass.
I looked and saw the rod bent and ran. The object swam around a marker and ten minutes later the hook popped free.
OK. More fries , and bait the hook. Trimming the grass , I noticed the rod bobbing and ran or stopped the mower and ran.
I set the hook and stood there as the fish took 40 yds of line. I saw that I was down to backing and started to reel back the line. For ten minutes , I stood and waited , called M to come down and help. I could tell that it was not going to be easy.
As the line got close , I started to guess 8lb ? , no , bigger , 10 lbs maybe ... and then he took another 10 yds ..... 15 lbs ??? 
The carp came into view .... 10 for sure.
I handed the rod over , peeled off socks and shoes and hopped into the shallows. Three tries later , I tossed the carp onto the deck.
The carp isn't the one w/ sunglasses.
catch another ? ... not a chance
tried again this morning

Apparently , rolling down your window to take photos is a no - no in S. Africa. A Vancouver based , film editor , was mauled as a mother lion reached in as the woman was taking snaps.

Weather : sunny , warm and going hotter
but the wind is cool and I'm happy


Here's to carp tossing
Alright !



No comments:

Post a Comment