Wednesday 28 August 2019

#2416

blogging since 2011 Oc

I think that this is #1

In the movie " Thor " the hammer is too big.  Thor looks like he's swinging a doll house.
It must be tough striking the balance between those who read ' Thor ' comics or know Norse Edda and the frosh who see a new action-fantasy movie.
Dr. Don Blake ( Thor's alter ego, on earth ) used a cane and limped. The cane became Mjolnir.
Of course, I pronounced it ' ma jol neer ' instead of ' molnir ' my Norse, not being fully developed at age 15.


I'm getting used to the hammer now that I've seen the " Avengers "
update 2012 6/ 19

To be re - broadcast for #900

OK I was right that hammer was too big

the smaller hammer gives greater effect
as in ' you mean that little thing knocks down a house or Frost Giant '

Well, Marvel has moved on from Thor
Natalie Portman got older
I got older

To-day, sunny and pleasant
Amazonia is ablaze

And a touch of Thomas Hardy


Great Things

Sweet cyder is a great thing,
     A great thing to me,
Spinning down to Weymouth town
     By Ridgway thirstily,
And maid and mistress summoning
     Who tend the hostelry:
O cyder is a great thing,
     A great thing to me!
                              "

Discovered that it is hard to tell who creaks more, me or the elliptical machine   OMG

No comments:

Post a Comment