Sunday 18 September 2022

😞 when you're ......

 😞 ..... feeling
sad and lonely "    No, this is ' disappointed ' emoji.

Disappointed. The day is moist. Sun is trying to send some rays. The theme is rain for 3 days. Thunderstorms are possible.
Plans included firing a coat of stain on the railings of thee deck


We are scheduled to fish tomorrow. T/storms are not good. A seven foot piece of carbon fibre held in your hands and lightning .. BAD.
The one advantage for me is that the boat is fibreglass w/ the engine being the metal conductor. Plus on the river, we are closer to shore than perhaps out on the lake. We can be near tall trees on the land quite readily. But thats only if you're thinking - safety !!

On the water. I watch videos of fishermen and notice that when the boat is running, lifejacket on, stop to fish, lifejacket off.
I wear my autoinflate from the time that I leave the dock til home. I do fish alone quite often. Even w/ company, my autoinflate stays on.

A little anecdote. Years back, the OPP cruiser motored over, slowly. Usually, this starts the safetycheck. License, insurance, safety devices and sobriety. I swung the boat [ using the trolling motor ] and as I got close, I hear, ' we don't need to check, the guy is weaing his lfejacket ' and ' a wave and they were gone'.

OK, that doesn't happen all the time - once
No, twice. B/c this week, the OPP boat motored over, I waved and smiled - yepper, they waved and smiled - off they went. The lifejacket thing

Dunno. But I guess when you look like you care - they think you care

Well, I like telling stories where I seem smarter than average plod.

The CBC online. The documentary film ' Oppy ' concerns the Mars, rover, called, ' Opportunity '. Out doing its planned life span and search parameters, in 2019 ' Oppy ' was declared, ' non operational. The doc features the originators, backroom toilers and drivers of Oppy.
I figure that this is a must see.

 Currently, ' Oppy ' the doc is at the Toronto International Film Festival, called TIFF. TIFF stirs a lot a buzz w/ world film stars showing up - kind of  " flaunt it, Toronto ". Wow, some favourable PR - finally !

Oh, thats it. I'm not retelling the ' worst of the worst ' stuff, that was also there

Ah. As well. Speaking of simple, were we ???? Anyway. While out w/ A.., he said his wife uses a product called 'Salonpas ' an Asian, pain patch. Basically, the active ingredients are ASA and menthol. I had been using a blue gel, product, that was also,  menthol [mostly ]. Thus, A.. suggested Salonpas. 
I thought that I'd used, Salonpas previously, to little effect. This time. Success.

Both of these topicals, is an effort to reduce, my need for 600 mg  + doses of Acetominophen [ which does work too ! ]. Got to figure, less systemic treatments have to be a better solution.
However, the instructions on Salonpas, do say ' not for use longer than 7 days '. The thought did occur - maybe, swap out Salonpas for methanol gel to switch out the medication

 


No comments:

Post a Comment