Monday 3 October 2022

πŸ’– ' all you really need

 πŸ’– ...... is heart ' from Damn Yankees 

[ this is * sparkling heart * emoji ]

" the great folly of grownups - wanting to last and wanting things to last. two things last, shoes too small and foolishness '
 young Fr author

I saw the clock at 5 ..... oops ! I'm awake
Typing and coffee - ' Vat else ? '

And I am getting very good at ' Wordley ' which I'm sure is a ' Wordle ' knock off [ from Asia, isn't everything ??? ]

Well, Amazon has a sucker hooked and landed [ fishing analogy ]
I have ordered 2 packs of stiff - ish knee braces [ subsequently, given and sold to next door ] 
AND a pack of 2 less stiff knee braces.

The stiffer brace were a tad small for me. Really, a plasticized compression tube.
However, the original intention was, one brace for me and one for D.. who tore [ ? ] his MCL.
 D.. was having pain and mobility issues from the left knee. While fishing, I noticed his discomfort and limp. I wanted him to try a brace and he loved the stiffness and support.
 Yesterday, D.. bought my stiffer knee brace for the other knee.

I saw the less stiff compression sock braces and was in the mood for    ' why not - give it a go '. The upshot - very pleased.

" the scenario does not always work out the way you planned - for every dictum, there is a contradiction " Fletcher Jones

Unfortunately, one could ask ' why did you wait so long to try them '

Dunno. Dumb and dumber ?

I ordered the less stiff knee braces [ really a compression sock ] that suits just fine, thank you. Thus, Amazon sold knee braces galore to me.

Yes, I wore the compression sock brace for staining the deck [ on my bum and knees the whole time ]
AND except for achy - ness all over, I did quite well. No Pain, tho'


I don't think that I'm meant for that type of job anymore. I summarize by saying the chore was ' too low and too long a time '
OMFL. this aging thing !

There is a store called Princess Auto that sells car, farm and work supplies. I go and wander around in a semi - daze. Plus, there is a section for ' reduced ' or miscellaneous [ cheap ]. I went for hydraulic oil booster and stop. Success. Then I picked up gas cylinders for propane tools, squirt bottles and suction bulb. All in, I saved $ 12 on the oil and then spent more than that on the others.
Briiliant ! However, for a ' tinker ' or improvisor, the sanding detailer and squirt bottles are useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment