Saturday 29 December 2012

Honest Abe

Movie Review for " Abraham Lincoln , Vampire Hunter "
Very good. Except for the vampire part , which was a little ' outre ' as the French say.
Still, good action and development, fitting nicely w/ historical references.
I'm in love again, this time its Elizabeth Winstead ,who plays Mary Todd, soon to be Mrs L.
Cost $ 10 , new at Wally Mart - worth the money

I'm also watching ' Prometheus ' , a sci-fi screamer. ' Where do we come from, Why am I here ' says man and guess what - were gonna find out - in 1 h and some 30 minutes
I'm watching this ' P ' while exercising , so it takes a bit longer, seeing 35 min at a go.
So far, stellar ( ha ha, takes place out in space  ) production values and the characters are interesting. Some sinister side plots are coming to light, guess we wait and see
$ 10 at Wallyville and the juries out - wanta guess where I was this afternoon.
BTW- dinner was not Mc Happy but Harvey's - the old reliable ,100 % Canadian ( I think ? ) hamburger joint franchise.
In a fit of something, I had poutine. Poutine is supposed to be French fries covered in cheese curds and gravy. This dish is cholesterol 101 but what the hey , holiday time etc
The burger was average. The poutine was tasty, read ' grease - a-rama.

Wb has his snow pal back. yep, we got a dusting last night. We read 27 F thingies and the wind is cold and constant.

On the craps front, regression " one hundred ho-do " ( sorry, I misquoted the name, last time ) is going very good. I've played four or so times and have quit ( which is the key, take your profit and go ) while up  $ 40 - 60.
The $ 40 may not seem like much but you recall my statement that you cannot win $ 200 unless you're willing to lose $200. Typically, I isssue approx $ 120 and try to finish up.
In Vegas that second last day, I guy plunked down $ 1 000 and after my turn ( MY TURN ) at shooting, he coloured up ( put his money down, to cash out ). He got back $ 1 600. He said to the guy next to him ' I'm trying to get out w/ a little rather than a lot '.
Or in Vegas speak ' if you don't walk away , they'll get you, sooner or later '.
Its amazing how good this sounds. Very reasonable. Now, try and do it. ' a little more, one more pass, look how good its going ' yeah , right. Then you hear ' 7 out ' - BTW that means they clear the table of everything but the paint and 2 dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment