Tuesday 11 December 2012

Knock'em Down.................

..............drag'em out.
Yesterday, in the GTA, we knocked down 8 pedestrians in something like an hour. This number has been reported, so many times, that I think it could be close to accurate.
The grossest was the mommy and baby carriage hit. Yep, he must have aimed real good.

Also, we went to the oral surgeon for Mom on Monday. You need to fill out all the personal and medical forms, first. But they decide to X-ray Mom in the meantime.

While I'm writing, I hear ' No dear, stand still , You don't need to move, just three seconds ...........   '

The X-ray machine is a full scan model where you stand and the sensor sweeps around your head. Mom was running when the sensor mask starts to move. 
I was cringing,  no need, the X-ray staff were so gentle... but no luck. 


Oh, I'm not a dumby, took my aunt for support. Aunt talked to Mom the whole time.

So, the surgeon dude, looked inside her mouth and said ' We can do this ' ba-bing. So, if I pony up a thousand, done deal.

While we're discussing how to proceed w/ the surgeon, he says ' We'll freeze her so there's no pain and take out the teeth '
I look at him and he hesitated and then he said ' or we could use gas '
My head is bobbing up and down  'Yes '. I couldn't even imagine, Mom awake while they're taking out 3 teeth. The surgeon then says ' With older people , they sometimes fall asleep for the whole thing ', more head bobbing
- I think he got the picture -



On the way out, we were waiting for the elevator. Mom takes a tissue from the receptionist's box and cleans the whole counter.
I'm standing in the elevator door, the thing is chiming away, and Mom is still cleaning. Finally, I yelled and she stopped. The floor was next, I'm sure.

" God have mercy on such as we " 

the Whiffenpoof song


No comments:

Post a Comment